Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thankful For a Rainy Day

We have survived 5 days of school, 4 colds, 4 EI visits, 3 trips to the pediatrician, 3 flu shots, 2 on 'cough medicine' (ie honey), 1 fever, 1 ear infection, 1 preschool assessment, and 1 antibiotic.  This is just since Sunday!  Good Grief!  We need this weekend to recover.

We had planned an outing for today, but given the illnesses of the week (mixed with today's rain) - we are staying home today.  I need to get caught up on some much needed cleaning.  Tomorrow is our first Buddy Walk - I am very excited!  I'm just hoping the rain cooperates with us.

Monday, I cancelled Josiah's EI visit with K.  I think that might be the first appointment I ever cancelled.  That was the day we took Josiah to the MD due to a fever.  On Tuesday, we were back at the pediatrician's office for scheduled flu shots for all three boys.  They were troopers!

Wednesday, Josiah met with C (occupational therapy).  He did a great job, as usual.  Thursday, he met with D (physical therapy).  This wasn't an 'all-star' week (like last week), but he did very well none-the-less.  Josiah continues to prove increasing strength, stamina, and determination.  He is sitting (with support), and can stand (with even more support).  He squirms all over the place when on the floor - I suspect crawling isn't too far away.

It's been a busy, yet non-exciting, week.  It was exhausting, actually lol.

Stealing moments for myself seem difficult, at best.  Even now as I write, I struggle to get the thoughts in my brain transformed into words on paper.  The 2 year old stands at the top of the stairs, steadfastly, screaming "MOMMY!"  How 'Mommy' needs a break! 

Sometimes it's best to give in.  I shall cut this short and attend to my family.  I will attempt to find some quiet time later to share more with you.

Happy rainy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment