Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Follow-up at the Pediatrician

Wow!  OMG!  Holy Canoli!  That's all I can say :)

Friday morning, we headed to the pediatrician (Dr. W) to follow-up regarding Josiah's ears (he was found to have fluid in his ears on Thursday).  The two year old was also due for an appointment, so we killed two birds with one stone.

Josiah was weighed upon arrival (the norm, at this point).  He weighed in at 13 lbs 2 oz.  The RN was pleased.  I remained quietly anxious, as weight has been a struggle forever!  When the Dr. W. came in, he asked about Josiah's weight.  I cautiously answered.  The pediatrician was HAPPY!  I mean genuinely happy!  He kept repeating, "I just can't get over Josiah's weight."  "He looks amazing!"  "He's doing great!"  Dr. W. checked Josiah's ears - the fluid is minimal.  There's nothing you can do for fluid in the ears, at this stage.  So, we will check in with Dr. W. just before the next audiology appointment in Boston.

I joked with Dr. W. about how Josiah falls in the 10% percentile for weight and my 2 yr old falls in the 9% percentile for his weight.  Dr. W. replied (regarding the 2 yr old), "He did.  Now he falls in the 5th."  I laughed.  It goes to show that maybe our kids are just little lol.

To say I was relieved would be an understatement.  I was excited, elated, pleased, satisfied...all things good :)  We left with no mention of need for a next appointment (except the ears follow up). 

I am eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment