Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Disney Day Two

At 2am, I was awakened by a sound I knew all too well.  Josiah was sick.  Why was he sick?  How long would it last?  I didn't know.  Luckily, I whisked him out of bed and subsequently saved the bedding.  We weren't up long.  We cleaned Josiah up, and were tucked back into bed.  It was a restless night; Josiah made little noises all night.

He slept until 10am.  An immediate bath was needed.  We stripped the bed, bathed Josiah, and fed him breakfast.  He still didn't act 'right' but was better.  Our initial plan of attack: no dairy!  My Dad had hurt his foot the night before, jumping into the pool.  Josiah was questionably sick.  It was cold and rainy.  We made an early decision to stay home for the day.

At noon, Josiah decided to take a nap.  The big boys stayed home with the guys.  Mom & I escaped to buy crutches & do a little grocery shopping.  We returned around 3pm.  The big boys were happy and Josiah was just waking up.  Dad was fitted with crutches.  We were in for the duration of the day.

When Josiah awoke, he seemed 90% better.  Dad was mobile again & all was well.  We enjoyed a home cooked dinner, watched tv, and hung out in the heated pool.  Life was good & we were blessed indeed.

Josiah went to bed at 8:30, a happy boy.  The big boys went to bed at 10pm.  We followed suit at 11:30pm.  I fell asleep grateful for my beautiful family & the life we have.

Here are a few pics from our day....

No comments:

Post a Comment