Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

31 for 21 Blog Challenge: DAY THIRTEEN: Birthday Weekend

I spent the first few hours Saturday teaching at the school of performing arts.  It was the first day of the new program - a musical theater program for children with Down Syndrome.  There are only a few students right now, but I know this will grow in time.  Class was fun.  The kids were great!!!!  This is going to be a blast.

I was home by early afternoon, and we spend a Saturday at home.  I keep marveling at Josiah - I am in awe of him; I am in awe of my three little guys :)

Tomorrow (Sunday), we are having a big family get-together for the "October birthdays."  In our family, there are four.  Josiah, my nephew, my aunt (who shares Josiah's birthday, 83 yrs apart), and me. 

Here's tonight's question....should I let Josiah do a face plant in a cupcake?

We allowed both our older boys to have their first taste of cake/frosting on their first birthday.  However, they had both had table food (even if minimal) by the time their first birthday arrived.  Josiah has not had the same experience.  He does very well with food, but it's been (primarily) baby food.  AND, he is still breastfeeding.  The older boys were walking at 11 months; Josiah is still working on being able to sit.  So.....what to do???

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the get together.  We're having another party later in the month.  For both, Josiah will wear his "birthday boy" outfit (a very cute one-piece outfit that James wore on his 1st birthday).

Looking forward, we have C visiting this week (occupational therapy) - she just asked for permission to complete a four-visit infant massage therapy with Josiah - I said yes, of course.  That will begin soon.

Beyond that....it's school for the big boys, EI (early intervention) for the younger ones, first teacher conference, fundraiser, and a trip to a Pumpkin patch with all three kids.  It'll be a fun week :)

It is late and I have a lot to do before the party.  I'm off to bed.  Sleep well my friends.


"Your birthday is a special time to celebrate the gift of 'you' to the world"
- unknown author

No comments:

Post a Comment