Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 for 21 Blog Challenge: DAY FIVE: Thankfulness

Yesterday was a whirlwind so day FIVE and SIX entries are being recorded today :)

There isn't a day that goes by, that I don't feel a tremendous amount of thankfulness for the blessings in my life.  It is so true that 'it takes a village.'  I believe that is not only true for raising a child, but in living a happy life.

Josiah was born with congenital heart disease (numerous holes in his heart), a problem seen in approximately 50% of children born with Down Syndrome.  At the tender age of 3 months, he underwent open heart surgery.  His heart was fully repaired.  I thank God that we live where we do.  We have access to the best medical care in the world.  Our son had a brilliant surgeon, received world class care, and was returned to us whole.

My parents recently found themselves on an incredible journey, this year, on the other side of the world.  While there, my Dad began not feeling well.  Luckily, there was a doctor enjoying the same vacation.  That doctor examined my Dad, provided some much-needed medication, and checked on him twice daily for the duration of their journey.  He offered his services with no expectation of reciprocation.

My husband has had a couple of close-calls.  Twice, with years in between, I have come close to losing him.  Again, we are fortunate to live where we do.  We are fortunate to have access to incredible care.  Twice, my husband has received world class care and been returned to his family.

Because of a few individuals, who are complete strangers, I am able to continue to share my life with those I love.

The few becomes a bunch, with a few added blessings.  A bunch becomes many when you add a few more.  It is never ending.  There is always something to be thankful for; there is always someone to whom gratitude could be directed.  Those people are never far from my mind, or prayers.

Behind every blessing is grace.

We are so truly blessed.


"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow."
- Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment