Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First Morning in CICU

Josiah had a great night.  He continues to sleep.  His vitals remain good and he continues to be stable.

I stayed by Josiah's bedside last night.  I would say, "I slept here," but that would intimate the ability to sleep in an ICU room where staff is constantly monitoring a child's progress LOL.  Despite 'not ideal' sleep - I feel great today.  I am just so thankful for everything and everybody in my life.

Josiah has met several recovery milestones already.  This morning's plan: remove chest tube and breathing tube (plus a few others).  They will sedate him for the removal of tubes, then will allow him to wake up.  With any luck, he'll be able to eat this afternoon.  After breastfeeding exclusively for 3 months, it's been strange to not have that time with him.  I can't wait for those moments again :)

The care here is what I expected - phenomenal!  Josiah continues to prove his resolve.  He is here for a purpose; nothing is going to slow him down.  He is our littlest angel.  He's our little heart hero <3

I'm going to grab some breakfast.  I'll be back with more updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment